Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fixed old FCK problem.

Don

Forum User
A few weeks ago, I posted about the textarea in the FCK editor not displaying on a client's site.

Today I got an earful from him because it was still not working, so I spent most of the morning trying to track down errors in the setup.

I upgraded FCK to the latest release (2.4.2) and tried the page in MSIE (the client's browser of choice). IE showed the error icon, and when I clicked it, I saw the following:

Line: 48
Char: 523
Error: 'undefined' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://azzurrohd.com/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=bodyhtml&Toolbar=editor-toolbar2

When I brought up the URL in my browser, I got this error:

Toolbar set "editor-toolbar2" doesn't exist

So I went and checked myconfig.js, and sure enough, there was no info for toolbar 2 in the file, and for some reason, that was the only copy of myconfig.js that I had.

So I went digging and found some code I could use to rebuild myconfig.js over at GLLabs. I did so, uploaded the file and after a couple of error messages, lo and behold the textareas finally appeared.

But...

About the error messages: the code I found at GLLabs was for the FCK Media Gallery plugin version 1.3. The error message I'm getting is

Unknown toolbar item "mediagallery"

So I went through myconfig.js and removed the references to 'mediagallery,' and the error messages went away.

---

I just figured since this problem has been causing me serious agony for the past month, I'd post to announce that I finally beat the problem.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help solve this. I really appreciate this forum.

- Don

samstone

Forum User
How did myconfig.php end up having anything to do with mediagallery? You must have changed it because myconfig.php comes with Geeklog script and it has nothing to do with media gallery and Toolbar 2 should be there by default.

Anyway, I am glad that you solved your problem.

Sam

Don

Forum User
Quote by: samstone

How did myconfig.php end up having anything to do with mediagallery?

I had to rebuild it, using the code from the mediagallery plugin, which was the only copy of myconfig.js that I could find.

Anyway, I am glad that you solved your problem.

Sam[/p]

Me too, Sam. Thanks for trying to help me out when it first hapened.

Now if I could get FCK to display in FireFox...

Eh. Another day. Big Grin

- Don

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content