Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 02 2022 @ 12:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrade 1.40 to 1.41 - MySQL error


Status: offline

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 02/24/04
Posts: 98
determined
I'm having problems upgrading from 1.40 to 1.41. - it fails, generating an SQL error after I hit the UPGRADE button.
From the error log:
Text Formatted Code
Thu 03 May 2007 12:39:21 EDT - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_help' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_title,sp_content,sp_format,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,sp_php,sp_inblock,sp_help FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) AND (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sp_id

Thu 03 May 2007 12:41:13 EDT - 1146: Table 'attackgl.WP_BB_LOG' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM WP_BB_LOG
 


There's several more lines almost (if not completely) identical the first one, above what I've posted here. I think they are from someone trying to access part of the site while I'm in the middle of the upgrade, but I included one for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

UPDATE - I restored the DB from backup and tried again, this time using my superuser name and password, thinking that maybe the standard user (which always worked before) might not have sufficient rights. However, it gave me exactly the same error:
Text Formatted Code
Thu 03 May 2007 12:41:13 EDT - 1146: Table 'attackgl.WP_BB_LOG' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM WP_BB_LOG
 
 Quote

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 01/12/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
The second error is because you forgot to add the extra line for Bad Behavior to your lib-common.php. Please refer to the installation instructions of that plugin.

The first error looks suspiciously like you didn't run the database upgrade.

bye, Dirk
 Quote

Status: offline

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 02/24/04
Posts: 98
Thanks, Dirk. I'll take a look at the Bad Behavior stuff - I know I didn't add anything to the 1.41 lib-common.php (except the path to config.php, of course).

I'm certain that the first error is from someone trying to access the site either while I was uploading 1.41, or just afterwards, but before I had done the db upgrade.
 Quote

Status: offline

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 02/24/04
Posts: 98
caffeinated
That fixed it - Thanks, Dirk!
 Quote

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:13 am.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content