Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 05:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

suggestions please

Mark

Anonymous
dizzy
I've jsut fumbled my way through a geeklog installationa nd everything appears to work very well, except when I have a registered user try to add a calendar event I receive an error message after hitting the submit button...

I read through some of the other posts, but I still need help deciphering this error message....

An error has occurred:
2 - fopen(/etc/geeklog/logs/spamx.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied @ /etc/geeklog/plugins/spamx/functions.inc line 307

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: Mark

I've jsut fumbled my way through a geeklog installationa nd everything appears to work very well, except when I have a registered user try to add a calendar event I receive an error message after hitting the submit button...

I read through some of the other posts, but I still need help deciphering this error message....

An error has occurred:
2 - fopen(/etc/geeklog/logs/spamx.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied @ /etc/geeklog/plugins/spamx/functions.inc line 307

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Sounds like you have a permissions issue and need to set the proper permissions on the dir or file. The lines involved are as follows:
Text Formatted Code

if (!$file = fopen ($logfile, 'a')) {
            COM_errorLog ($LANG01[33] . $logfile . ' (' . $timestamp . ')', 1);
        }

Varify that you have set the following in all the listed dirs below for their proper permissions. Windows users will need to set them to Read/Write/Change

Text Formatted Code

chmod -R 775 logs
chmod -R 775 data
chmod -R 775 backups
chmod -R 775 public_html/backend
chmod -R 775 public_html/images/articles
chmod -R 775 public_html/images/topics
chmod -R 775 public_html/images/userphotos

mark

Anonymous
hopeful
I tried your suggestions, and I am still having the same issue....

Any Further suggestions?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As ironmax said, your file permissions are not correct. On the success screen after the install, you were given a chance to check your file permissions which you apparently didn't use. If you still have the install directory around, call up .../admin/install/check.php

Rule of thumb: If 775 doesn't help, try 777.

bye, Dirk

1000ideen

Forum User
Very often 777 is necessary AND this "chmod -R 775 logs" means you also have to 777 each file in /logs/ e.g. error.log or spamx.log itself

mark

Anonymous
Thank you all,

777 on logs did the trick.

Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content