Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 01:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

installation error

pyrosent

Anonymous
ok,
ive done everything the installation info said to do.
but for some reason i always get the error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '**********'@'localhost' (using password: *********) in /home/woworder/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 120
Cannot connect to DB server

please note that im pretty stupid when it comes to this kinda stuff and this is my first domain name site

any help apprecitated,
thx

1000ideen

Forum User
http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/index.php?op=view&t=61 :rtfm:

Alternatively search this forum for: Cannot connect to DB server

pyrosent

Anonymous
ah ok thx and srry

pyrosent

Anonymous
ok i looked at that and then changed the host from localhost to esc97.midphase.com
and got this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'esc97.midphase.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/woworder/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 120

so im not gonna do that again, but i saw in another post something about changing register_global = yes or something like that. does that have anything to do with my problem? and if it does where is that located(im guessing config)?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: pyrosent

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'esc97.midphase.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/woworder/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 120

You're either using the wrong username / password or the database hasn't been set up properly. Try talking to your hosting service.

This has nothing to do with register_globals (which Geeklog doesn't require any more).

bye, Dirk

1000ideen

Forum User

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content