Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 07:16 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

I need someone to update GL 1.3.9rs1 to 1.4.1

davidgoebel

Forum User
I need some help updated GL 1.3.9RS1 to the latest version. In addition I need someone to install plugin or functionality for syndication of my content for the entir site and each topic.

I run an online newspaper (hobby) www.clevelandpress.com

The original installation is from GoDaddy so Geeklog is deep in the file structure. I would like to bring GL closer to the root but not the root.

In addition I would like to change the links on the top of the page grom contribute to "Add your Story"

A photo gallery and possibly the ability to allow users to upload video would be nice.

Plesae let me know if you need more information for a quote or if you have some general questions.

Thanks,

Dave Goebel

www.clevelandpress.com

dfg@clevelandpress.com

440-289-3227

tlingit54

Forum User
cheerful
Hi Dave, I used Fantastico to install my original Geeklog, and because I have many cusomizations, I learned from my own mistakes that it is better to hire someone who knows what they're doing. I hired Blaine (one of the core developers of Geeklog -- see article) for my last few upgrades, and have been really happy with the work and excellent response time. Blaine has fixed some work I broke, has installed some plugins and plugin upgrades for me, and has written a custom registration for my site (age/agreement requirements). In addition, he fixed a few other things that I didn't even know about! He is the developer of some of the major plugins for Geeklog. See Blaine's profile, which has a link to his own site. Really works out well hiring someone who already knows Geeklog inside out. I highly recommend Blaine to you for the things you listed. Regards, Robert

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content