Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum 2.6RC1 update issue

Topia

Forum User
Quote by: Blaine

So you were trying to install version 2.6RC1 - still not sure which version your reporting this error for.

You should be able to upgrade to 2.6RC1 if you are on a GL 1.4.0 site. I've just only tested using GL 1.4.1 sites.

Personally... I'm using

1.4.0sr5-1

Went to update to 2.5 and had an sql error during update. Since then I have went back and tried updating manually to 2.6. I've gone over the tables, re-uploaded code, and searched the forums here for answers. Below is the errors I get at various points in my forums.

http://mysite/forum/index.php
The forums and topics show up but the following error is listed at the top.
Warning: Division by zero in /public_html/forum/index.php on line 455
An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.

http://mysite/admin/plugins/forum/settings.php
Many of the settings are blank and always revert to being blank. I've looked at the tables (compared them to the manual upgrade to sql in the tarbal) and the data is there. Confused

http://mysite/admin/plugins/forum/messages.php
Page is blank with the following.
Warning: Division by zero in /public_html/admin/plugins/forum/messages.php on line 183
An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.

Sorry if I hijacked this thread. Didn't know where else to post it. I didn't want to double post an such. :rtfm: :blahblah:

Blaine

Forum User
It's going to be difficult to isolate your issues without knowing more since you running potentialy a hybrid version now.

When you had update issues, why did you not restore?
Upgrade issues are often a result of trying to run the update twice without restoring after resolving the root problem.

Are you certain you are now running all version 2.6 code and the new files completly restored?
Have you run the update from the plugin editor - if so what happended ?
What version is now showing in the plugin Editor?

The first error division by zero is telling me the new config settings are not being read - either because the new code is not running or database update was not completed.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Topia

Forum User
Quote by: Blaine

It's going to be difficult to isolate your issues without knowing more since you running potentialy a hybrid version now.

When you had update issues, why did you not restore?
Upgrade issues are often a result of trying to run the update twice without restoring after resolving the root problem.

Are you certain you are now running all version 2.6 code and the new files completly restored?
Have you run the update from the plugin editor - if so what happended ?
What version is now showing in the plugin Editor?

The first error division by zero is telling me the new config settings are not being read - either because the new code is not running or database update was not completed.

1. Because I'm unsure how to... But am trying to at the moment.

2. As sure as I can be.

3. Yes I have
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:17:22 EST - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM gl_forum_topic topic WHERE forum = '1' AND pid = 0 AND uid > 1 ORDER BY sticky DESC, lastupdated DESC, id DESC LIMIT 0,
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:20:54 EST - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM gl_forum_topic ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:23:19 EST - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM gl_forum_topic WHERE forum='1' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:52:17 EST - Forum Plugin 2.5 update: Executing SQL => ALTER TABLE gl_forum_settings CHANGE `msgauto` `autorefresh` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:52:17 EST - 1054: Unknown column 'msgauto' in 'gl_forum_settings'. SQL in question:
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:52:17 EST - SQL Error during Forum plugin update

4. Data: 2.3.2, Code: 2.6

Blaine

Forum User
Quote by: TopiaTue 21 Nov 2006 22:52:17 EST - 1054: Unknown column 'msgauto' in 'gl_forum_settings'. SQL in question:
Tue 21 Nov 2006 22:52:17 EST - SQL Error during Forum plugin update

You have executed the 2.5update which drops (removes) the msgauto field from the forum gf_settings table. Since this upgrade did not complete 100% - the plugin version was left at 2.3.2.

Now .. the 2.6RC1 update is reading you have a ver2.3.2 install (which is expected to have the field 'msgauto' in the gf_settings table) but does not find it - hence the error.

You can try adding the field manually but I can not guarantee that is not the only issue.

Topia

Forum User
Alright..... I think I've got most of the site running again. I backed up the forum data and then deleted the plugin and imported the data back. All works great.

But....

But, I get the following error when trying to view a profile.

Column: 'aim' in field list is ambiguous. SQL in question: SELECT username,fullname,regdate,homepage,city,state,aim,icq,yim,msnm,occu,interests,about,pgpkey,photo FROM gl_userinfo,gl_users WHERE gl_userinfo.uid = gl_users.uid AND gl_users.uid = 2

:banghead:

Blaine

Forum User
Those fields are not referenced in the new forum code at all. It would appear you are running an older version of GL with a modified users.php and usersettings.php where those extra fields have been added to the user profile.

Remove those modifications and reference to those fields as the next step.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content