Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

line 74 error on lib-common.php

Brittany

Forum User
I'm so frusterated right now... I tried deleting and re uploading GL on my server and I'm still recieving this error. I gone as far as re downloading the file on this site.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/portal/lib-common.php on line 74

Maybe it's me but I tried everything... even re downloading the file on this site. It cannot be a file corruption.

on line 74 has

if( isset( $_CONF['site_enabled'] ) && !$_CONF['site_enabled'] )

what am I suppose to do? I'm serious of wanting to use geeklog. Please help.

Blaine

Forum User
This is being caused by your editing of the line above it. Ensure you have matching quotes around the path to your config.php and a semicolon terminating the line. If in doubt - check the original file for an example.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Brittany

Forum User
Quote by: Blaine

This is being caused by your editing of the line above it. Ensure you have matching quotes around the path to your config.php and a semicolon terminating the line. If in doubt - check the original file for an example.

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean... You are talking to somebody who do not know the PHP language. I'm a complete newbie..

The best thing to get this done with is to send me an example of the correct coding.

Heres what I have so far..

On the lib-common.php

* Make sure to include the name of the config file,
* i.e. the path should end in .../config.php
*/
69 require_once( portal/config.php' );

// Before we do anything else, check to ensure site is enabled

74 if( isset( $_CONF['site_enabled'] ) && !$_CONF['site_enabled'] )
{
if( empty( $_CONF['site_disabled_msg'] ))
{
echo $_CONF['site_name'] . ' is temporarily down. Please check back soon';
}
else
{
// if the msg starts with http: assume it's a URL we should redirect to
if( preg_match( "/^(https?):/", $_CONF['site_disabled_msg'] ) === 1 )
{
echo COM_refresh( $_CONF['site_disabled_msg'] );
}
else
{
echo $_CONF['site_disabled_msg'];
}
}

exit;

jmucchiello

Forum User
On line 69 there should be an single quote (or apostrophe is you prefer to call it that) in front of the p in portal.

That will eliminate the error but it is also not correct. You cannot use relative paths on this line. You must include the full path to the config.php file. Based on your first post, I'm guessing this would be

require_once( '/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/portal/config.php' );

This leads to the next problem, config.php should not be in the same directory as lib-common.php. Is this the case? If it is not the case, do not move config.php to make the line above correct. Instead fix the line above (line 69 of lib-common.php) so it contains the full path to config.php.

Brittany

Forum User
thank you guys for putting up with me.. seriously. I know I sound like a pain in the ass but as you can see that I really want GL!

My next problem is this error:

<b>Warning: main(/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/portal/system/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/classes/timer.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/portal/lib-common.php on line 159

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/portal/system/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/classes/timer.class.php' (include_path='/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/portal/system/pear/:.:/usr/local/lib/php'Wink in /home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/portal/lib-common.php on line 159 </b>

On the line 159 I have
require_once( $_CONF['path_system'] '/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/classes/timer.class.php' );

what do I need to put down?

jmucchiello

Forum User
Quote by: Brittany
On the line 159 I have
require_once( $_CONF['path_system'] '/home/content/k/9/z/k9zambi/html/classes/timer.class.php' );
Why did you edit that line? The original line 159 of lib-common.php is
Text Formatted Code

require_once( $_CONF['path_system'] . 'classes/timer.class.php' );
Go back and read line 64:
Text Formatted Code
* Configuration Include: You should ONLY have to modify this line.
* Leave the rest of this file intact!

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content