Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, September 01 2024 @ 01:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

links no longer work

iWeathersfield

Anonymous
Hi all,

I updated a geeklog site from version 1.3 to the current version back in September, and since then, the automatically generated links have quit working, all in the right blocks. The hard coded links do work.
Even in the what's new area, those links don't work (for new stories, etc.) I get a 404 not found error with the following url:
Text Formatted Code
http://iweathersfield.com/geeklog14/geeklog/public_html/%27%20.%20$_CONF%5B%27site_url%27%5D%0A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20.%20%27/index.php?display=new

Similarly, for new comments:
Text Formatted Code
http://iweathersfield.com/geeklog/public_html/%27%20.%20COM_buildUrl(%20$_CONF%5B%27site_url%27%5D%0A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20.%20%27/article.php?story=%27%20.%20$A%5B%27sid%27%5D%20)%20.%20%27#comments%27%20.%20%27

What's up with all the%20.%20's??????

I had to remove an RSS feed block with regional headlines for the same reason, and it had worked perfectly in the earlier version.

All links in the center and left blocks work fine.

I'm using the theme Smooth Blue, and have not changed any other settings from before.
I did have to turn off URL rewriting because my server couldn't deal with it (No links at all worked then!) Is it something funky in my config file? Does it have anything to do with how I have the domain name pointing to a directory within my hosting account, rather than to the root? Is there some messed up file in the Smooth Blue directory? (Why is there no emoticon for perplexed??)

Any ideas? I'm starting to get a lot of complaints from users about all the bugs in my site...
("why I can't I submit a story in Safari?" "why do all your stories say "Read More" (1 word)?" "why don't your links work?"...)

Here's the live site if you are interested:
http://www.iweathersfield.com

I really love Geeklog but need some major help with this.

Thanks!
MMS Can someone help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Those "funky" links contain part of the PHP source code that generates the content of the What's New block. My guess is that your lib-common.php is corrupted. Try uploading a fresh copy of that file.

Quote by iWeathersfield:
("why I can't I submit a story in Safari?" "why do all your stories say "Read More" (1 word)?" "why don't your links work?"...)

I assume you have FCKeditor enabled. Unfortunately, it doesn't Safari yet. You could remove the submit/submitstory_advanced.thtml template file from your theme, in which case all users will be presented the simple story submission form again.

The "Read More (1 word)" bit is also a problem with FCKeditor and has been fixed in Geeklog 1.4.1.

bye, Dirk

iWeathersfield

Forum User
Chest-Slam Celebration Hooray! It worked!
Thank you very much.
So, any idea when 1.4.1 will be ready for the real world? And have you heard anything about Safari support for FCKeditor?

Again, thank you so much!
MMS

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by iWeathersfield: So, any idea when 1.4.1 will be ready for the real world?

Standard reply: When it's done.

We still have a few issues to sort out and there will be at least one release candidate before the final version.

Quote by iWeathersfield: And have you heard anything about Safari support for FCKeditor?

See Safari Compatibility Effort on the FCKeditor homepage.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content