Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 06:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Firefox and Internet Explorer difference

ironmax

Anonymous
I use Firefox as my default browser and came across this problem when going into the user profiles from the admin block on version 1.4.1b. I wanted to make changes to a user's settings and could not do it because the user had another user's name in the username field. Follow so far? So I figured okay. Change browsers to IE to see if it corrected the problem. Sure did. Went back to FF and it was as before...different user name for the user I wanted to change info for. So I ended up going back to the IE and making the changes needed and it worked. Now this is strange as well. All the user accounts viewed with FF are the same listed user, but not in IE. I took screen shots to show anyone thats intrested in looking at to help figure out why this is happening in Firefox and not in Internet Explorer. Here the links for both screen shots. Firefox here and IE here. IE shows the correct user name. Any idea whats causing this. Ohh, one other thing, I checked the source code on both and the source showed for both to be almost identical and correct for IE. So I think it a rendering problem from FF. Cache has been deleted and still the problem. Any help would be great.

samstone

Forum User
This problem has been discussed before. I guess, you need to turn off "remember password" option in FireFox. I am currently using IE7 RC1 and happy with it.

You might want to search this forum to find out the previous discussion if the above setting does not solve your problem. And make sure you have the latest FireFox. The problem is not with Geeklog.

Hope this helps!

Sam

ironmax

Anonymous
Thanks SAM

Quote by samstone: This problem has been discussed before. I guess, you need to turn off "remember password" option in FireFox. I am currently using IE7 RC1 and happy with it.

Not really intrested in running IE7, although it might be nice if I could and had XP or 2003 running the system, IE 6* works just fine.otherwise. I looked and didn't see anything of simularity. In this case, turning off the option has no effect.

You might want to search this forum to find out the previous discussion if the above setting does not solve your problem. And make sure you have the latest FireFox. The problem is not with Geeklog.

Got the latest and reinstalled a fresh copy several days ago. All I wanted to know was if there were anyone that had the same problem and had not posted a result to thier issue. As posted above, I mentioned that the source from both FF and IE looked simular to each other in the code. I guess what I failed to mention was that the output on the screen was different by a few charecters. I know the problem is most likely NOT with Geeklog.

samstone

Forum User
Here's the previous discussion.

http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=64625

Hope this helps.

Sam

ironmax

Anonymous
I finally figured out after talking with the Devs at Mozzilla, that you have to create a new profile. basically run this from the command line "firefox.exe -profilemanager" without quotes and go thru the new profile setup.

You will need to reinstall all the extensions that you had previous.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content