Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:08 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog Dreamhost Help

Kyle

Anonymous
Hi guys

I'm in the process of moving a geeklog v. 1.3.11 site from a server running php4 to a dreamhost server running php5. I've hit a whole bunch of issues doing this, the major one being that the $HTTP_*_VARS are now off by default. I don't really want to mess around with the Dreamhost php.ini and so am trying to work around this. To fix this particular bug, I just replaced the $HTTP_ vars with their superglobal equivalent ($_GET, etc) in all the geeklog pages and that seemed to sort out most problems.

However, I'm still having problems with a lot of vars that are GETted and POSTed and I'm resorting to explictly setting them at the top of the page - e.g. $story = $_GET['story']; I can't see where Geeklog would set these vars otherwise?

Any ideas why this may be happening and how I can fix it in an easier, less hacky way?

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The easier way would be to upgrade to Geeklog 1.4.0 which got rid off all the $HTTP_*_VARS.

bye, Dirk

Kyle

Anonymous
Ok Dirk , thanks. How easy is the upgrade process - will all the plugins and themes continue to work? The site gets a fair bit of traffic and so I would prefer not to risk it going down for any length of time.

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Plugins that stick to using the plugin API (i.e. don't require changes in any of Geeklog's core files) will continue to work just fine (exception: those that use comments). The theme will have to be updated.

See the upgrading instructions for more information.

bye, Dirk

Kyle

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk.

I'll give that a shot. Any probs and I'll be straight back here...;-)

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:08 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content