Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.

tgc

Forum User
Regular Poster
I am trying to install cvs 1.4.1 and everything goes ok until the second page of the installer, then I get this message.
Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.
I looked for it in search but it seems to be a new problem. I dropped the tables in the database and ran the installer again but the same. I also "tried later" but still not working.

Frank

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That's not a new problem but our new error handler Laughing

I assume you only got this when you were already on the success.php page? At that point, your database has probably been populated properly and then it ran into some other error, e.g. a parse error or a missing PEAR package.

If you call up your site's index page, you probably get the same message. In that case, find this new config.php variable:
Text Formatted Code
// When set to true, this will display /detailed/ debug information in the event
// of a PHP error. ONLY set this to true with your non-production development
// environments!
$_CONF['rootdebug'] = false;

Set it to true and try again. You should get an error message then.

And remember to change it back to false after you get the site up and running.

bye, Dirk

tgc

Forum User
Regular Poster
thanks for the reply. I checked the pear packages again and they seem to be complete. I set "true" in rootdebug but I only get the "unfortunately" thing and no more details. In the error log is only the dummy entry.
I once in a while install the cvs and play around and it always worked to install but this time...

Frank

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, can you please disable the error handler then? You will then get a normal error (or the dreaded Blank page). I'm interested in what actually caused the problem for you, so that we can address this before we release this version. Thanks.

To disable the error handler, find this line in lib-common.php:
Text Formatted Code
if( function_exists('set_error_handler') )

and replace the 'set_error_handler' with a function that is guaranteed not to exists, e.g. 'xxxset_error_handler'. Then try again.

bye, Dirk

tgc

Forum User
Regular Poster
the error was a (slight) mistake in the path in lib-common.php. I apologize for neglecting to verify the correct pathes before I post in the forum...Embarassed

Frank

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No problem. I was just interested to learn why the error handler would not work for you. I guess there's no way it could have worked in that case - good to know once we go live with it and other people may run into the same problem. So thanks for debugging it Cool

bye, Dirk

Drew

Anonymous
This happened to me when I installed from cvs. I enabled debugging and saw that in /system/classes/syndication/parsefactory.class.php line 31 read as follows :

require_once('/HTTP/Request.php');

Which does not point to the "pear" directory. To resolve this I edited the line as follows:

require_once($_CONF['path_pear'] . '/HTTP/Request.php');

-drew

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Drew: require_once('/HTTP/Request.php');

Which does not point to the "pear" directory.

The leading slash shouldn't be there (and it isn't in 1.4.0 or the CVS version, AFAICS). Other than that, it's correct as it is. The path to PEAR will be set in lib-common.php, if necessary, or simply be left alone to be resolved with the server's default paths.

bye, Dirk

J23

Forum User
Hi, Cool
I got the same error message and in my case the problem was that I did not change the location of "config.php" in the "lib-common.php", after changing it it's working fine without any problems .. Its a deal - shaking hands
http://www.info-polonia.com/

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content