Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:03 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Captcha install

Schwooba

Anonymous
Hi there. I've tried installing the Captcha hack to no avail. It's just not showing up when I register a new user. I've done the following.

1. Added

to the section of the header.html file.

2. Added onload="document.xfrm.uword.focus();" to the tag of the header.thtml file.

3. copied the memberdetail.thtml to geeklogsystem and tried putting it in /Layout//Custom/ (which I had to create a directory for).

Any advice would be appreciated!

ironmax

Anonymous
In your config file try setting
Text Formatted Code

$_CONF['custom_registration'] = true;  // Set to true if you have custom code

You may also want to move the onload statement from your header.thtml file to the memberdetail.thtml file instead, otherwise you'll get error messages. Should look simular to the following.
Text Formatted Code

<!-- This is an example template file for the Custom User Registration Feature -->
<!-- To be located under theme/custom directory - Example XSilver/custom/memberdetail.thtml -->
<body onload="document.xfrm.uword.focus();">
{startblock}
{message}

As far as the other two java statements, place them in the header.thtml file as follows to make this work properly, as long as you had followed the install directions for the rest of the files.
Text Formatted Code

<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
-->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{css_url}" title="{theme}">
</head>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="md5.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="jcap.js"></script>
</head>

sleep

Anonymous
The config change did it...Thanks!

Erhan

Forum User
Hi,

I've completed the first part of Captcha 2.0 installation.But in the online installation I have a problem;When I click the install button in plugins menu, I take this error;

"Access Denied
You do not have the proper security privilege to access to this page. Your user name and IP have been recorded. "

Now what can I do?
To make all people happy...
Maybe it's impossible but impossible is my business.

mevans

Forum User
Erhan,

You need to be logged in as a user that is a member of the 'Root' group. Double checking the code, this should be the only reason you would ever see this message on install.

Can you double check and make sure your userid is in the Root group, if not, try either adding it to the Root group, or login as admin and give it another shot.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:03 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content