Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Confused with static page and blocks.. pleasew help..

tabish

Forum User
Hello,

As far as i can understand, blocks are supposed to be display on left or right menu, with the links like default "topic" blocks have.. right?

But when i try to create block, it asks for the description also and it display blocks with that title and description, that sucks. This is what a Block means??

I saw an option in static page called "wrapped in a block" but there is no option like, in which block you want to add this static page?

Whenever i make a static page, I dont know where it goes? because i dont see any link of that static page in the right or left menu.. and nor in any block?

Please help me what to do?

Regards
Tabish

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The contents of a static page are sandwiched between a blockheader.thtml and blockfooter.thtml template file when you choose to "wrap it in a block".

I agree it's confusing that we're using the word "block" for both the things in the side columns and for the templates, but that's the terminology that stuck over time. If you head over to our demo site and choose one of the more "blocky" themes, e.g. XSilver, it may become more obvious why that is so. The Professional theme doesn't really have blocks any more - they are merely only headlines over portions of content.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content