Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 02:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Staticpage URL ERROR

Al

Anonymous
I created a static page but the end of the url that was created looks like this "...../staticpages/index.php/aboutus" which obviously will not open. If I type in the correct url into the browser like its suppose to be "...../staticpages/index.php?page=aboutus" it opens fine. Why is the URL being created incorrectly in the plugin script? I have the same problem with the little "Printer Friendly" button on the static page. It shows "...index.php/aboutus/print", which causes the same "file not found" error. I would assume that these url's are supposed be created correctly by the script and I shouldn't have to correct each one by hand. Any idea what the problem may be?

Thanks, Al

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like you switched URL rewriting on but your webserver isn't supporting it. So switch it back off ...
Text Formatted Code
// This feature, when activated, makes some of Geeklog's URLs more crawler
// friendly, i.e. more likely to be picked up by search engines.              
// Only implemented for stories, static pages, and portal links right now.    
//
// Note: Works with Apache (Linux and Windows successfully tested).
//       Unresolvable issues with systems running IIS; known PHP CGI bug.      
$_CONF['url_rewrite'] = false; // false = off, true = on

bye, Dirk

Al

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk!!

That was the problem. Too bad, I wanted to use the URL rewrite feature and I have a Unix/Apache server but it must not allow this feature.

Thanks again, Al

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You may have to switch on an option in the Apache config (if you're allowed to do that). See our FAQ.

bye, Dirk

SamF

Forum User
Chatty
This isn't exactly a Geeklog problem, but I figured I'd ask the smart people here anyway:

I have the same problem as above. I'm using an Apache 1.3 server with Linux (a virtual server on a GoDaddy economy plan), and URL _rewrite doesn't work. I would like to add "AcceptPathInfo On" to my web server configuration file, as it says in the FAQ linked above.

Does anyone know how I would do this?

Thank you!
Sam

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
AcceptPathInfo is a directive for Apache 2 only, so it won't help you on Apache 1.3 ...

bye, Dirk

SamF

Forum User
Chatty
Hmmm... so does that mean there's no way to implement URL_rewrite on Apache 1.3?

Confused

Mikesev

Anonymous
Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but it is relevant to my question.

The post above this one asks whether a server running apache 1.3 can handle URL rewrites, is it possible somehow with mod_rewrite ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Mikesev

The post above this one asks whether a server running apache 1.3 can handle URL rewrites, is it possible somehow with mod_rewrite ?

What we call "URL rewriting" in Geeklog has nothing to do with the Apache mod_rewrite module. It's actually using a trick in PHP.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content