Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 03:01 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.3.11sr6 Combo Update

hazratio

Forum User
Hey... Just checked in here for the first time in awhile... noticed the security issues and decided to try the 1.3.11sr6 combo update. When I try to upack the .tar file in the geeklog directory, I get the following message:

> tar -xvf geeklog-1.3.11sr6-combo.tar.tar
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Questions: 1) does simply unpacking the file complete the upgrade? 2) what do you make of the extra .tar that gets added to the file name when I upload it? 3) what problem is implied by the error message?

I've tried uploading the file as binary and ascii... I've tried renaming it so as to eleminate the second ".tar"... If you can't tell by now, I'm just "guessing and gomming", but I do have a clean installation of 1.3.11 together with the forum module at http://metafaith.net

Thanks for your help!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The original filename ends in .tar.gz - not sure why some people seem to get a duplicate .tar ...

Try renaming the file to geeklog-1.3.11sr6-combo.tar.gz and unpack it with "tar xfz" (or, in two steps, "gunzip" and "tar xf").

bye, Dirk

hazratio

Forum User
Hmmm... Could have sworn I already posted a reply to this... (must've just previewed).

Anyway, I renamed the file and unpacked it using "tar xfz" and completed the upgrade. Everything seems to be working smoothly... Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:01 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content