Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 10:04 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem upgrading SPAM-X plugin

Roger

Anonymous
confused
I was getting a bunch of comment spam from the Ukraine so I wanted to upgrade SPAM-X to the latest to get the IP Blocking.

I followed the documents at

http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=spam-x-1.0.2&query=install%2Bspam

Then I tried it out to test the upgrade and now I always get:

Warning: com_mail(Mail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vicker2/public_html/fromthefarm/lib-common.php on line 3452

Warning: com_mail(): Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/'Wink in /home/vicker2/public_html/fromthefarm/lib-common.php on line 3452

Warning: com_mail(Mail/RFC822.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vicker2/public_html/fromthefarm/lib-common.php on line 3453

Warning: com_mail(): Failed opening 'Mail/RFC822.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/'Wink in /home/vicker2/public_html/fromthefarm/lib-common.php on line 3453

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'mail' in /home/vicker2/public_html/fromthefarm/lib-common.php on line 3461

You can see it at www.notesfromthefarm.com

Thanks.

Roger

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well that's a PEAR problem, obviously.

Which Geeklog version are you on? The Spam-X update was already included in 1.3.11sr2 (IIRC) and Spam-X 1.0.2 is not compatible with any releases older than 1.3.10 and neither is it compatible with 1.4.0.

bye, Dirk

Roger

Anonymous
unfocused
Current version is 1.3.11sr1 which did not have the IP Blocking but now I see that lunarpages has 1.4.0sr1 available as an upgrade.

Unless it will make things harder to correct I am all for upgrading.

Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you're upgrading, then please go to the current version, 1.4.0sr2.

bye, Dirk

Roger

Anonymous
At the moment Lunarpages only offers SR1 in Fantastico as an upgrade.

They usually are pretty good about important upgrades. They will even send emails telling people they MUST upgrade when a supplied package has anounced a major security hole fix.

I am sure they will have SR2 available soon.

So I will just run their upgrade tool Saturday and check back every couple of weeks for SR2.

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm. 1.4.0sr2 has been out for over two months now ...

bye, Dirk

Roger

Anonymous
cheerful
Upgrade to 1.4.0sr1 fixed everything. Although, I did have to go back through config.php and get the updated theme then adjust it.

Now all I have to do is dig in and understand PHP RegX to setup the IP Blocking for all of 195.225.176.0 - 195.225.179.255.

Thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:04 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content