Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 01:20 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Willing to pay: Integrate Webcalendar with Geeklog

joez

Forum User
Junior
I'm willing to pay someone to make a plugin out of webcalendar. Shouldn't be extremely hard to do...

Anyway, I've posted the job on this site and haven't recieve much attention from it, but if you can do it post here or there with your bid.

http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/47641.html

Blaine

Forum User
caffeinated
I'd be interested but not at the budgeted $100. If you don't get the reply you want and still want to discuss funding this project then contact me. I've personally not had the need yet for the calendar nor have my clients had sufficient need to fund a similar project. I do agree it would be nice to have a better calendar with re-occuring event support and maybe there is a larger community that would fund the effort needed but it's certainly more then a few hours effort.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

joez

Forum User
Junior
how much would you be thinking? I'm just a poor college kid Wink

Blaine

Forum User
I can appreciate that - and have not investigated the real-effort needed but certainly anticipate it's more then 8 hours of effort. I would need to invest a couple hours to explore the issues and scope to be sure. I've done a number of integrated solutions and often they can initially appear simple but are not if you want to address all the integration aspects and then there is all the expected free support once I do release something.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

joez

Forum User
Junior
Yeah that's understandable. I was trying to basically rig the project myself but am too new with php to figure it out, and if I'm going to pay someone I want it to be a full integration.

Let me know if interested, I definately think it is something that would require alot of support after because I feel it'd be a popular mod (and hopefully would later become standard)

Shoot me an email sometime joez@zorsus.net

JT

Anonymous
Why not just modify the existing Geeklog calendar? I think Tokyoahead is working on making it into a plugin. Maybe a few of us can join together and fund the completion of it, getting the features we want.

joez

Forum User
Junior
Only reason is because webcalendar has the exact features I want. Integrating it would be easier than creating all the new features for the current one by my estimate...

Brent

Anonymous
just a guess, but cant you just rip bits and pieces of code from the blocks like "whats new" and such to make postings show up in the calendar?

(i really dont know how far you want to integrate it, and im new to geeklog, so i dont even know whats available yet, but i have enough experience with coding to understand stuff like this.)

joez

Forum User
Junior
bump

joez

Forum User
Junior
I'll pay $100 for someone to help me with this...

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:20 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content