Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 06:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

phpbbbridge problem

SmegThis

Anonymous
I've just started installing phpbbbridge, and have done the first screen of installation setting up the database (now full of tables). On clicking "Finish Installation" or something similar got shown this
Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/htdocs/lib-common.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/usr/share/pear:/home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user) in /home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 228

Warning: main(/htdocs/lib-common.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 228

The line '/htdocs/lib-common.php' originally read path/to/geeklog//lib-common.php but changed this in geeklog.inc on the offchance that was the problem. Help?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I've never installed phpBBBridge before but I'd say your path is wrong. Where you entered "/htdocs/lib-common.php" it should probably read "/home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/htdocs/lib-common.php"

bye, Dirk

joez

Forum User
Junior
I get same problem, and I know it is configured properly for geeklog, just not the phpbb.

Is the phpbb included with phpbbbridge modded specifically to work with geeklog and can an existing version of phpbb that is already installed be modified to be used with geeklog?

SmegThis

Anonymous
Thanks dirk, answer was as you suggested. However new problem. phpbb now installed, and am trying to install the 'bridge' plugin for geeklog. When I click install on the plugins page i get
Warning: main(extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'extension.inc' (include_path='/home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/system/pear/:.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

and i'm not sure where the problem is

ByteEnable

Forum User
Quote by joez: I get same problem, and I know it is configured properly for geeklog, just not the phpbb.

Is the phpbb included with phpbbbridge modded specifically to work with geeklog and can an existing version of phpbb that is already installed be modified to be used with geeklog?

phpBB included in the plugin has been modified to work with Geeklog.

Aires

Anonymous
Quote by SmegThis: Thanks dirk, answer was as you suggested. However new problem. phpbb now installed, and am trying to install the 'bridge' plugin for geeklog. When I click install on the plugins page i get
Warning: main(extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'extension.inc' (include_path='/home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/system/pear/:.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux209/s/staumc.co.uk/user/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

and i'm not sure where the problem is

I have the exact same problem. Can anyone help, please? Giving it a try

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content