Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 02:29 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog feature questions

roxer

Forum User
New to the site. I was looking at Geeklog in place of other software because it seems to be easier to modify and simpler to use. I am looking to create a site for a church, but have been given some requirements I have to meet. Could you please let me know if these requirements can be easily met with Geeklog?

1. User registration needs to be controlled/restricted with a manual reject/approve function instead of the automajic registration.

2. Restriction of site features like forum and picture gallery without valid user login. I was told this was necessary because they wanted to put pictures of churches functions (that may contain children) on the site and didn't want outsiders to be able to get to them. Also, children will be using the site and they want to control the language and post content on the site.

Any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the wiki and other docs, but could not find the info.

Thanks - roxer

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
A user submission queue is built in and can be activated in config.php:
Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['usersubmission']  = 0; // 1 = new users must be approved

Users can still sign up freely but will have to approved by an Admin before they can log in.

You can also restrict pretty much every feature of the site to logged-in users and, if you want, often also to only users of a certain group. So you could, say, define a group "Choir" and give only members in that group access to certain features. This functionality is also implemented by most plugins, including the Forum and at least some of the available galleries.

bye, Dirk

roxer

Forum User
Thanks Dirk, your help is greatly appreciated.

-- Roxer

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:29 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content