Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:55 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

creating tables in static pages

rasbie

Anonymous
unfocused
im a newbie and would like some help on how to create tables in static pages so that they align with the top part. It seems that when i create the table using html and just copy the code into the static page it creates a big gap on top of the table.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Isn't that pretty much the same question that has just been answered here?

bye, Dirk

rasbie

Anonymous
i've tried again and the table doesn't align to the top of the page even if I specified in the html code to align to the top.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
At this point, it may be a good idea to post a URL ...

bye, Dirk

rasbie

Anonymous
I won't be able to post an url because the site isn't live yet. Here is the html code that I used in the staticpage to create the table with two columns.

<table width="571" border="0">
<tr>
<td width="279"><div align="left"><strong>Pick 'n Pay<br>
<br>
Raymond Ackerman</strong>, <strong>Pick 'n Pay</strong> Founder and Chairman, have told the company's board that he will not leave the company until 'we win the petrol wars'. In a wide-ranging interview with Business Report's Ann Crotty, Ackerman said that the price of petrol could drop by as much as R2,00 per litre, if one 'removes the edifice that controls the whole industry.'<br>
<br>
<strong>Read more...</strong></div></td>
<td valign="top" width="282"><strong>Test Institute of South Africa</strong><br>
<br>
Many businesses in South Africa pay mere lip service to ethics management, constituting “a significant ethical risk”, the Test Institute of South Africa (EthicSA) has found in groundbreaking research on local companies.<br>
<br>
Read more... </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top"><strong>Implats</strong><br>
<br>
Implats and RBR, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Royal Bafokeng Nation Development Trust, announced today that they have signed a...<br>
<br>
Read more... </td>
<td><strong>Mismanagement of the HIV/AIDS<br>
<br>
</strong>The Test Institute of South Africa (EthicSA) supports the decision by the Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) to lodge a complaint with the South African Human Rights Commission against Mpumalanga Health MEC, Ms MNS Manana.<br>
<br>
Read more... </td>
</tr>
</table>

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content