Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Layout problem

viasoul

Forum User
Chatty

Can you guys take a look at my site and see if you can surmise why the right column is not clearing the footer? The site is: here

I did tweak the css quite a bit so it may have been caused by that but I'm preplexed because I completely restored the css to original one day to see if that was it and it wasn't. Maybe I'm just overlooking something. Any help would greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

machinari

Forum User
you have an unclosed table... check out your page source to reveal this bit near the bottom.
Text Formatted Code
<1-- </td></tr></table>-->
<!--If you want the splash, uncomment the last line. If you want no splash, make sure it is commented out.-->

uncomment that table closure and it works.

viasoul

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks very much. Would I edit the index file in the layout folder? More importantly, I wonder why this happened. I don't think it was like that when I first installed it. Any idea?

machinari

Forum User
because that code really isn't the problem, just a quick fix.. gimme a couple of minutes to have another look. I'm looking for a table that has opened, but has not closed. probably in the header or right blocks somewhere.

machinari

Forum User
your nav is installed incorrectly.
you have a head and body tag opening and closing within an open body tag. You need to place the nav style properly into your head tag, in the header.thtml.

I would assume that your table issue is related to the creation of this block. let's see your header.thtml and your footer.thtml

1000ideen

Forum User
Did you mean that the right menu should go down to the bottom? Then you'd probably have to trick this in the footer.thtml. Make a table with 2 fields. The left one with a fixed width, the right one appears to be under the right menu with another colour.

Would you mind posting the id="nav", thanks?

machinari

Forum User
Quote by 1000ideen: Did you mean that the right menu should go down to the bottom?
whoops! I just assumed that he wanted the footer to clear the left column like everyother similar looking layout. I still think that is what he wants and just mixed up his question.
You never know I guess. Giving it a try

1000ideen

Forum User
And I thought I like the menu ... so why not ask, you never know... Giving it a try

viasoul

Forum User
Chatty
Yea my phrasing of the question may been rather vague now that I look back at it.

Basically I want the footer to be 100% width of the page underneath all three columns the way that it is by default.

But somewhere along the way I screwed it up so that now it starts at the right edge of the left column. Although I never altered any footer code. I've added some meta tag stuff to the header.thtml file but I didn't think that would make much difference.

I'll need to look over you guys' post again to see what code it was that you wanted me to post.

Thanks for the help.

1000ideen

Forum User
Well actually I had decided to forget about the solution untill you post the css code but I couldn`t help being such a nice guy Mr. Green

The code is probably wrong in blockheader-left or leftblocks not in header nor footer, I suppose.

It is quite helpful if you entitle your files with this at the end and beginning. E.g.
Text Formatted Code
<!-- leftblocks -->

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content