Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 12:08 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

MySQL 5.0 connection error with latest geeklog

TagStar

Anonymous
I'm setting up a new geeklog using the latest. Now, I haven't run the install admin php script yet, but I am getting this error. Anybody seen it before, I'll try the install script next..

Text Formatted Code

Warning: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\indigoperl\apache\geeklog-1.3.11sr3\system\databases\mysql.class.php on line 112

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\indigoperl\apache\geeklog-1.3.11sr3\system\databases\mysql.class.php on line 112
Cannnot connect to DB server

TarStar

Anonymous
Same for admin/install/check.php

Text Formatted Code

Warning: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\indigoperl\apache\geeklog-1.3.11sr3\system\databases\mysql.class.php on line 112

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\indigoperl\apache\geeklog-1.3.11sr3\system\databases\mysql.class.php on line 112
Cannnot connect to DB server

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As the error message says: The client (i.e. PHP) is not compatible with the MySQL version. Try recompiling PHP or get versions of both that work together.

This is a setup problem on your end - nothing to do with Geeklog.

bye, Dirk

TagStar

Anonymous
Thanks man. Makes sense. I'll upgrade my IndigoPerl.

TagStar

Anonymous
Link to [IndigoPerl].

ronack

Forum User
I just installed PHP5 and MySQL 5 on Apache 2 on a Win2003 Server and for the most part all seems well. I know I must have something not set quite right though because I'm getting

An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

when I try to post something but all in all I think its working.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ronack: I know I must have something not set quite right though because I'm getting

An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

when I try to post something but all in all I think its working.

So .. Was this supposed to be a bug report? Care to share that SQL error message?

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
I wasn't sure and I'm still not sure, It's not a bug, I think what happened was that I just copied everything over to the new server rather than do an install. So I'm going to try that first. I'm still getting the error when I try to post something.

ronack

Forum User
Yes I did have to run the install with the new settings. I tried to do a upgrade but that didn't work so hot. So instead I created a new database folder and did a freash new install. I don't know if I can just copy the backup db files now but I think i'll try. I think the install must set some values that you don't get otherwise.

ronack

Forum User
I thought that fixed it but it didn't, I still have the sql error. I'm starting to lean to permissions. But truthly I haven't a clue where to begin.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ronack: But truthly I haven't a clue where to begin.

And I truely have no idea what you're trying to do there. But since you refuse to provide any details, you're obviously not interested in getting help ...

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Don't get snippy Dirk, I was trying to fix it on my own than say how I fixed it. What's so strange is that the site is working but when I go to post anything story, link static page, etc I get the SQL message. First I thought that I didn't have write permissions on the DB (this is a fresh install on a new server) I made sure it did. Then I though that maybe I needed to install fresh. That didn't help either. Banging your head

This is my first set up of Apache on a Windows 2003 Server machine. I am moving off of an Xitami web server on Windows XP.

Latest version of PHP and MySQL. By the way PHP 5 doesn't have native MySQL support anymore you have to add it. Now that might have something to do with it but maybe not. I'm going to work with MySQL tonight and this weekend to see if maybe that's the culprit. I'm sure that there is some obscure setting that I am missing.

ronack

Forum User
Ok this error did come from Geeklog and here is the error out of the Geeklog error log.

Text Formatted Code

12/22/2005 9:39:37 PM - 1366: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'statuscode' at row 1. SQL in question: REPLACE INTO gl_stories (sid,uid,tid,title,introtext,bodytext,hits,date,comments,related,featured,commentcode,statuscode,expire,postmode,frontpage,draft_flag,numemails,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,show_topic_icon) VALUES ('20051222213240802',2,'General','test','test','',0,FROM_UNIXTIME(1135305160),'0','',0,'-1','','1999-11-30 12:00:40','plaintext','0',0,0,2,3,3,2,2,2,1)

ronack

Forum User
More info, it is only on submitting stories and staticpages, everything else seems to be working fine.

ronack

Forum User
Here is the error for staticpage submission

Text Formatted Code

12/22/2005 9:54:52 PM - 1366: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sp_nf' at row 1. SQL in question: REPLACE INTO gl_staticpage (sp_id,sp_uid,sp_title,sp_content,sp_date,sp_hits,sp_format,sp_onmenu,sp_label,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,sp_php,sp_nf,sp_centerblock,sp_tid,sp_where,sp_inblock) VALUES ('20051222215440680',2,'test','test','2005-12-22 21:54:40',0,'allblocks',0,'',2,14,3,2,2,2,'0','',0,'none',1,'1')

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:08 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content