Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Simple Problem

congleal

Forum User
I've been ignoring this problem for awhile... it's obviously a config issue but something I just hadn't gotten around to...
Seems silly but its annoying... when I have an indention using " " if I re-edit the story and forget to reinsert the space the text reverts back without spacing.
It's probably an html tag but I don't know the syntax to add... can anyone help...

Thanks,

Lee
Can someone help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I assume you're talking about "nbsp" entities? Geeklog is notoriously bad in handling HTML entities.

But for indentation, that's the wrong approach anyway. Either use the PRE tag (which keeps the original spacing) or define yourself some CSS classes for indentation in your stylesheet and use them, e.g.
Text Formatted Code
<p class="myindent">indented text here

"myindent" could be something like
Text Formatted Code
.myindent {
  padding-left: 2em;
}

which would indent text by about the width of 2 'm' characters in the current font size.

bye, Dirk

congleal

Forum User
That's exactly my problem... please excuse my ignorance but could you explain a bit more how to put this into affect?

Thanks,

Lee

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by congleal: please excuse my ignorance but could you explain a bit more how to put this into affect?

Add the second bit of code (".myindent { ...") to your stylesheet, then use it as per the first example.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content