Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 01:05 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

I am clueless on RSS feeds!

Scott

Anonymous
Embarassed I am clueless on RSS Feeds, and so am hopign some kind soul would help me out.

I run a site that has lots of sports news, all split up into different topics. This is what I want to do:

(1) Create an RSS Feed for the topic "hockey-news"

(2) Be able to put the hockey news on another section of my site(ie: create the dir & index.thtml and have "mydomain/hockeynews") then syndicate it on that index.thtml.

I think I am okay at setting up the RSS Feed, but I've no idea how to link it, and googling and browsing here I'm still clueless. Proabably missing out on something really obvious, but any help is appreciated

Scott

Anonymous
I also want to put the hockey-news on another geeklog site too, in a block. How vould I do that?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You can create feeds that contain only the posts from one topic - just check the options in the form to create a new feed carefully (-> Content Syndication, follow the instructions).

You can import that feed into a portal block on a second site (-> Blocks -> New Block).

Also see the FAQs: Content syndication and What are the different block types for?

And if you select the link to your "Hockey News" from your Topics block, you have an index page that only displays hockey news.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:05 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content