Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 11:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Events page

TVDSB

Anonymous
Hi Everyone-
I was hoping you could help-
I am trying to figure out how to write a separate page to display all of the site's events on one page, just like the event admin screen, but with access to the lowest user level, not edit rights?

Please help!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
How's your PHP? Shouldn't be hard to derive such a list from admin/event.php (function listevents, specifically).

bye, Dirk

TVDSB

Anonymous
Actually, my PHP skills are very lacking. That's why I ask.
Thanks for the help!

TVDSB

Anonymous
I was thinking-
Perhaps this is a new core function that should be considered for future versions of GL?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by TVDSB: Perhaps this is a new core function that should be considered for future versions of GL?

I doubt there is really a lot of demand for such an option ...

bye, Dirk

Anon

Anonymous
I was just searching for the list events hack I am using on another site while I prepare an upgrade when I came across this post.

Firstly, I really appreciate the work and generous responses made on this site, particularly by Dirk, Tony, Blaine, Oliver, Mike, Tom....... and more often than not I am wrong but I must question this response. Why does GL have a calendar if it does not have a way of reporting events. The whats new for events is good but an event listing which allows filtering of event categories would be a real winner.

I am not a programmer's ..... (local colloqualism) but will see what I can do about this.

Just my two cents

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Anon: The whats new for events is good but an event listing which allows filtering of event categories would be a real winner.

I am not a programmer's ..... (local colloqualism) but will see what I can do about this.

I'm actually not happy with the way that events are presented to the admin, especially if you have a lot of events - and a lot of upcoming events in those. So I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

But then again I always assumed that once the calendar has been moved to a plugin, we'll quickly see someone coming up with a nicer replacement ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content