Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 30 2024 @ 03:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

access to stories using only password

nedy

Anonymous
Dear users, i came accross this site: r_a_z_k_a_z_i_._c_o_m (remove the symbols "_" to go to the real url). It offers payed articles and you can access them only when you type a code/key(password) no username needed. The user send sms to a number then receives a pass/code/key which type in the field and then have access to the site/articles. How this can be done? Any ideas?

mach

Anonymous
that ability is not built into geeklog, bu an .htaccess file will do that just fine.

knuff

Forum User
Maybe worth popping the site owner a mail and asking if he/she wants to share the development or maybe one of the real developers out here made it for a fee and could consider selling it as a pluging.

The site is indeed core geeklog, but it is a custom development.

As Mach outlined, a .htaccess could assist on this, but from what I see, I would say it is more really build into the core GL.

If you do a search here you will see there are some threads already about splitting up the preview for all and the rest of the story for members only ...

this is a taking it a step further and caching in directly on the content without a user id.

interesting business model

Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

Hakan Törehan

Anonymous
I wouldnt try that. Couple of months ago I did something like that and those people sent me text messages 2-3 times a month. And they charged me £1.50 for each messsage.

Cancelling these messages is another story. Basically dont try...

Hakan Törehan

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content