Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 06:22 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:geeklogsystemdatabasesmysql.class.php o

ahijado

Anonymous
Anyone know what this Fatal Error message means after running Step 1 of the install.php means?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 112

I assume that somehow I'm not passing the correct host, username, and password to mysql.class.php, or I'm not passing those values at all to the php file. I'm not an expert with MySQL, but I did install MySQL Administrator, after installing the MySQL server, and created a new user, a password, and a new catalogue called "geeklog". This is the info that I put into config.php as per the installation instructions. I know that the new username works as I've logged into the MySQL server using MySQL Administrator.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Your PHP is missing support for MySQL. Build a version that includes it or ask your hosting service / administrator to do it for you.

bye, Dirk

ahijado

Anonymous
I was able to load the functions in my php installation successfully. Unfortunately, now I get a new message when running the install.php file:

error selecting database

This is probably another MySQL and config.php problem associated with my lack of knowledge in administering the MySQL databases.

Thanks again for your previous help. PHP.net had all the necessary docs.

ahijado

ahijado

Anonymous
I forgot to mention that in order to get MySQL working with PHP I followed the directions on a post in PHP website (1st one at the bottom of the page) listed as "Database issues"
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/faq.databases.php#faq.databases.mysql.php5

It said to rename other libmysql.dll files found in other harddrives, not including the libmysql.dll found in the PHP directory. After doing this I got the error message I just posted. I had to also leave the libmysql.dll file with the same name under the MySQL Admin directory or I wouldn't be able to use the MySQL Admin program.

Thanks,

ahijado

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ahijado: error selecting database

Either the database does not exist (did you create one?) or its name you entered in config.php is not correct.

bye, Dirk

ahijado

Anonymous
I took a look in MySQL Administrator and realized that the database I created for geeklog did not have any priviledges assigned to it. I fixed that and the Geeklog install worked great. Thanks for all your help. Now the real fun starts.

ahijado

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:22 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content