Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation of Geeklog 1.3.11.sr1

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
Never having completed an upgrade before, I practiced on one of my test sites. Sites I use to practice plugin installs etc.
To no avail, I could not upgrade from 1.3.10.
So I decided to do a fresh install, I get no error messages, I get no success messages..I get this

' . $_RIGHTS[$i] . '' . LB; } if ($_CST_VERBOSE) { COM_errorLog('**** Leaving phpblock_showrights in lib-custom.php ****', 1); } return $retval; } /*** * * Get Bent() * * Php function to tell you how if your site is grossly insecure * **/ function phpblock_getBent() { global $_CONF, $_TABLES; $secure = true; $retval = ''; $secure_msg = 'Could not find any gross insecurities in your site. Do not take this '; $secure_msg .= 'as meaning your site is 100% secure, as no site ever is. I can only '; $secure_msg .= 'check things that should be blatantly obvious.'; $insecure_msg = ''; // we don't have the path to the admin directory, so try to figure it out // from $_CONF['site_admin_url'] $adminurl = $_CONF['site_admin_url']; if (strrpos ($adminurl, '/') == strlen ($adminurl)) { $adminurl = substr ($adminurl, 0, -1); } $pos = strrpos ($adminurl, '/'); if ($pos === false) { // only guessing ... $installdir = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'admin/install'; } else { $installdir = $_CONF['path_html'] . substr ($adminurl, $pos + 1) . '/install'; } if (is_dir ($installdir)) { $insecure_msg .= '

You should really remove the install directory ' . $installdir .' once you have your site up and running without any errors.'; $insecure_msg .= ' Keeping it around would allow malicious users the ability to destroy your current install, take over your site, or retrieve sensitive information.'; $secure = false; } // check to see if any account still has 'password' as its password. $count = DB_query("select count(*) as count from {$_TABLES['users']} where passwd='" . md5('password') . "'"); $A = DB_fetchArray($count); if ( $A['count'] > 0 ) { $secure = false; $insecure_msg .= '

You still have not changed the default password from "password" on ' . $A['count'] . ' account(s). '; $insecure_msg .= 'This will allow people to do serious harm to your site!'; } if ($secure) { $retval = $secure_msg; } else { $retval = $insecure_msg; } $retval = wordwrap($retval,20,' ',1); return $retval; } /* Sample Custom Member Functions to create and update Custom Membership registration and profile Note1: Enable CustomRegistration Feature in config.php $_CONF['custom_registration'] = true; // Set to true if you have custom code Note2: This example requries a template file called memberdetail.thtml to be located under the theme_dir/custom directory. Sample is located in.....etc....etc....

Having done numerous installs, i am use to fixing error messages...but I am stumped. Alreday checked each individual uploaded file....

??

ND

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Pls. clarify - you get this error after the database install step? i.e. Step 7 in this install doc.

Ajay

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
clarification:
I proceed to the geeklog install page, where-in I am asked if I am upgrading or new database. Ok...so far so good.
At first I wished to do an upgrade, this brought me to all the script as noted above - checked all my files to no avail.
So I decided to attempt a new install - yes a new database (clean install, new directory) only to be brought the same scripting as noted above..

So then I attempted a fresh install again (clean install, new directory, new database) with 1.3.10 with no poroblem at all.
I must have missed something in my upload of 1.3.11

ND

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
With my head bowed in shame, I finally found the error. Two of my Sytem files were reversed named (exchanged with each other) One of the problems I often encounter with Cute FTP Pro......
The clean install worked fine, to tired now to attempt test an upgrade...will try tomorror....

sigh..

ND

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content