Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 09:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problems with Archives/Templates

jdev

Forum User
I recently switched over templates to the WebBadAssWhite template. I previously had the XSilver template. I had to copy over the admin folder as usual when I do switching templates, except this time, I noticed a problem.

Alot of my archived entries are showing as the Xsliver template. They are unreadable to anyone but me (and thats only because I click edit to actually see the full story)

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this, so it shows the template that is assigned to the system?

tia

Joe

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Archived stories are displayed using the archivestorybodytext.thtml and archivestorytext.thtml template files. I assume it's still using the one from the XSilver theme.

Make copies of your theme's storybodytext.thtml and storytext.thtml templates and rename them accordingly.

bye, Dirk

jdev

Anonymous
Dirk,

thank you. that worked to make all the templates the same, however, there is still not a "read more" link to read the actual archived story. Any thoughts?

thanks

Joseph

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
So did the story have a "read more" link before it was archived?

bye, Dirk

jdev

Forum User
yes they did.

I would type up an article, give a little description, then type the full article up.

normally, the user would have to click on the "read more" button/link to see the entire article. however, they arent available when the file is archived.

jdev

Forum User
still having this problem.

To clarify a little better:

any entries that I set to auto archive, will go to the archive without a problem. The only problem is that the archived entry in the list, will only show the intro text and does not make it available to read the archived entry.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content