Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 07:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Interesting Virus

samstone

Forum User
I have been receiving viral mail regulary lately and wondered where it came from. Sometimes it came from someone@linux.com and sometimes someone@php.com. But today, I received one from dirk@haun-online.de.

Of course I know it wasn't really from our Dirk, but definitely from someone that has something to do with the Geeklog community. I thought everyone in this community is technically savvy enough to keep their computer virus free, or at least instantly aware of the problem. Obviously someone is not taking care of their system.

Rolling Eyes

Sam

eg0master

Forum User
Regular Poster
I thought most viruses these days just randomized sending address from address books and/or other addresses found in browser caches etc.
As far as I know anyone with their address available on a web page might end up as a receiver and/or sender of virus emails.
Geeklog Plugins: http://plugincms.com

samstone

Forum User
That's true.

And depending on your knowledge of who has your email, you can sometimes trace back to the source of the virus, or sometimes have a general idea of where it came from. I am just musing about the sender's address. Somehow it tells me that the virus came from someone in the Geeklog community.

Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content