Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 21 2024 @ 02:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog to phpnuke

Abracadaver

Anonymous
Hi guys.

Is possible to create a php-nuke site and safe the passwords of the users and the forums posts from a geeklog site?

Tks and sorry the ba d english Wink

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Now if you were moving from PHPNuke to Geeklog I am sure someone might be able to answer some of your questions. But this sounds like you are moving from Geeklog to PHPNuke and if that is the case shouldn't you ask these questions at the PHPNuke site?

Do you know how to use PHPMyAdmin to administer your DB?

See of you can find table similarities. You should be able to pull over some if not all of your Nuke data.

Larry

Anonymous
If you plan on moving to PhpNuke, I recommend you do not install the last two releases. When the author added a WYSIWYG editor to the software, he removed all input filtering. So, the latest software now has huge security holes all over the place. If you install version 7.6 or earlier, be sure to download and install patches to fix holes for both Nuke and PHPBB.

The guys who normally find and fix newly created security holes in PhpNuke refuse to do so for the versions containing the new editor. Removing the editor will not stop these vulnerabilites because the author for some unknown reason removed all input filtering.

dwms4915

Forum User
I'm going from postnuke to geeklog and want to import my current stories and user data. The stories info I can probably write a script for(unless someone out there already has one) but the user credentials would be something I could use some help on. Any suggestions?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No idea if it still works (or ever did), but have a look here.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content