Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 06:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cant view picture after upload

Gremlin

Anonymous
Hello,
when I post a new article with pictures in it, for some reason picture cannot be displayed. It was uploaded ok, but then it's not displayed. When I try to download it to my comp, I can't see it either. I think there is something wrong in the upload process.

Do you have any ideas what went wrong?

Thanx in advance.

mach

Anonymous
my guess is that you are not using the proper syntax to incorporate the image in your story.
for example, should be like [image1_left] and not [imagePicName.jpg_left]

keystone430

Forum User
Chatty
Sounds like the permissions are not set correctly on the images/articles folder and contents. That would be the first place to start checking. Very Happy

Gremlin

Anonymous
Hello,

Thanx for the answers. I don't think that permissions are the issue, because the picture is uloaded, I can seeit in the folder, and anyway I set the folder to 777 permission. Also, it's not the syntax problem, because when I access the picture directly, I can't see it either.

mach

Anonymous
if you are trying to access the image directly, keep in mind that the image has been renamed by the upload process--so it still may be a syntax issue.
pics are name by topic, e.g., general_1, general_2, announcements_1, announcements_2, etc...

mach

Anonymous
sorry, not named by topic but by story id

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content