Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 11:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Classifads Problem

Eddy

Anonymous
Hi there,

Just installed Classifads and all works fine apart from one pretty serious problem.

ANYONE can delete or edit a posting made by ANYONE ELSE. I.e. if ADMIN posts an ad, VISITOR can log-in and change it. Furthermore, someone just visiting the site without an account can also change or delete the ads.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Eddy

Anonymous
Just checked and when logged in as anyone, the "Admin Only" block also appears on the left hand side of the page.

Seems that the plugin just isn't checking to see whether users are admin or not, it's just allowing them all the same rights.

I need everyone to be able to post, but only the owners can edit their own ads (or delete them).

Any help much appreciated.

knuff

Forum User
Hmmm, not sure about the Ads plugins, but from your second post it seems you have been a little to generous in which groups/acces rights you have been giving to anonymous/normal users.

Maybe it is a good start to list the groups you assigned to both normal and anonymous users.

Best Regards,
Boris
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, I had a quick look at the code and there's a proper permissions check for the Admin menu in place. Are you sure you have the latest version of the plugin?

Having said that, please keep in mind that this plugin is old and not supported any more. The last version is available from the GPlugs CVS and anyone willing is free to pick it up and run with it ...

bye, Dirk

Robin

Forum User
Quote by Eddy:I need everyone to be able to post, but only the owners can edit their own ads (or delete them).

Then you should try zClassifieds.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content