Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Anyway to merge JUST userdatabases with phpBB?

Trel

Anonymous
Is there any current way to merge GeekLog and phpBB at just the user table level so I can keep GeekLog and phpBB separate in every other way?

Trel

Anonymous
anyone know of any or if the phpbb bridge thing can do it that way?

Turias

Forum User
They're already pretty much as separate as they can be. To see what I mean, install the phpBBBridge and then install a new theme. When browsing through your forums, you shouldn't see any traces of Geeklog. When you are in Geeklog, the only things related to the forum that you will see are the site statistics, provided you disable the new posts blocks.

drshakagee

Forum User
I am no translation expert but I think he is asking how to turn off the Geeklog header, leftblocks, rightblocks and footer on the phpbb pages.
Yes I am mental.

Turias

Forum User
Quote by drshakagee: I am no translation expert but I think he is asking how to turn off the Geeklog header, leftblocks, rightblocks and footer on the phpbb pages.

You can do that just by modifying your phpBB theme to have whatever footer and header you want. Just install a fresh phpBB theme and read over the theming section of the phpBBBridge readme.

Trel

Anonymous
it looked like the bridge program had a modified version of phpBB. I have a heavily modified phpBB I wish to use and the only thing I want to do is make geeklog use it's user table instead of it's own.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content