Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 02:29 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Image Captions

usarfans

Forum User
Junior
Hi,

First, I LOVE Geeklog and what it has allowed me to do with my site and my hobby! My recent upgrade to the latest version went smoothly and I'm really enjoying some of the simple new features it added.

I have one suggestion for a future feature. I use a lot of images to accompany the articles I post. It would be nice if when using the [image1] tag that a caption could be added to the image. Something to add description for the viewer and to show source credit for the photo used.

Right now I use a separate graphics program (PhotoImpact) to add a block of text to the image I want to use, then merge it and post it. It's o.k. but time consuming and the compression process sometimes makes the words a bit blurry.

Thanks for considering it!

Lou

http://www.usarfans.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You could always so something like
Text Formatted Code

<p>[image1]<br>This is my caption.</p>

Just imagine you're using a plain HTML IMG tag.

bye, Dirk

usarfans

Anonymous
Well that kinda works, but only if I don't choose the [image_right] or [image_left] option as I almost always do. Using just the [image] alone creates the caption but causes subsequent text paragraphs to start UNDER the image/caption and leave a large blank white space instead of wrapping aorund the image.

Using the left/right options makes the caption to not stay under the image but at least the text that follows wraps around the image like I wanted.

And hey, I'm as lazy as the next guy and love the fact that I can just drop text into Geeklog using the plaintext option and not have to insert all those html tags unless absolutely necessary Laughing

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Lou

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:29 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content