Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Constantly impressed

jetshack

Forum User
I've spent the last few days working on the first site someone has paid me to create for them. The client wanted a "community" site for a home owners association.

Although it's in the very early stages, I am once again impressed by this little CMS. To this point I've installed the following:

Geeklog ver 1.3.11
Gallery ver 1.5
The file management plugin
the forums pluging ver 2.3.2
the menu plugin ver 1.6
and the welcome email hack.

It wasn't all smooth sailing, however after a little frustration I was able to get all of the above installed, and running on my own without posting to the forums which I think speaks volumes for the quality and soundness of the Geeklog package.

Over the next few days I'll be modifying the user registration files using the code that blaine created for me (at a very reasonable price), and modifying the layout files. But all in all I think the majority of the structure is completed and I'm very pleased with the result so far

I have the sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be very proud of this site. Although as of right now it's not completed, I know that the finished product will be a package that meets and exeeds all of my clients requests. And because of that she will be pleased.

I've kind of rambled here, but I wanted to verbalize my appreciaiton in general to the creators who've created a product that a moron such as myself can utilize to good measure and in specific to dirk and to blaine who have always been here with an answer when I've confused myself beyond all recovery.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work
Jon Jacks
www.jetshack.com

samstone

Forum User
Congretulations, and I fully agree!

TrappedOnEarth

Forum User
Junior
excited
I have to say that I am very impressed as well! I also want to thank Dirk and GeekLog for all the work that went into developing it and supporting it.

This week, I took on the task of revamping and redesigning a club web site. Although I have created many web sites in the past, this was the first time I am using a content portal. I looked at various choices, but I always kept on coming back to GeekLog and I finally went with it.

No problems to report... Very Happy

Once again, thank you so much. Dirk, if there is a way to make a Just my two cents donation to the project, please let me know.

Cheers,
Louis

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by TrappedOnEarth: No problems to report... Very Happy

That's the sort of reports I like the most Cool

Quote by TrappedOnEarth: Dirk, if there is a way to make a Just my two cents donation to the project, please let me know.

Make a Donation

bye, Dirk

TrappedOnEarth

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Dirk:

Make a Donation

bye, Dirk

Thanks. I just made a donation. I'll try to do more later on as well. Once again, thanks for all your efforts and continued support.

Cheers,
Louis

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by TrappedOnEarth: I just made a donation.

Duly received. Thank you Very Happy

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content