Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 09:03 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Integrated Gallery Admin?

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
blank
Is there a flag to set users to be able to upload or have access to hidden albums? I can set permissions, but that's about it. I would think there would be a setting for who can administrate the album. I don't really want to give someone admin to the whole site just to admin the gallery. Is there a specific admin flag for gallery that I'm overlooking?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That sounds like a question that you should actually be asking over at the Gallery site (after reading their documentation / FAQ).

bye, Dirk

geKow

Forum User
The answer is no, there isn't a generall admin flag.
In the Albummanagement for each album is one part where you can set the rights for each album (and subalbum) who can view, post, modify, add text, whatever. So you can set the rights for your hidden album to whom you like.

Afaik there was a bug in one release, where you can't upload to hidden albums at all, but afaik that was a CVS release, so I doubt that this happens to you.

Note: Since Gallery's own unsermanagement doesn't know groups (like Geeklog does) the integrated solution handels Geeklog's groups as users.

geKow

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:03 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content