Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, May 19 2024 @ 12:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery - where is NetBPM / ImageMagick?

tstockma

Forum User
Well I'm having no luck finding the paths to these programs that Gallery needs. (Actually Gallery needs one of the two, either will do.)

In step 1 of the Gallery install instructions, it says it sees almost all of the programs for both of these packages (it doesn't see one program for each necessary for watermarks), but then later in Step 2 it doesn't fill in the path to either of these programs.

And in step 4, where it's verifying config entries for accuracy, it calls me on that error.

A post to the Gallery site forum hasn't revealed this issue yet. I've done "finds" on convert & on pnmtojpeg (a program in each package) in /usr/bin and on my domain directories (/usr/local/www/vhosts), but haven't found anything.

I believe ImageMagick was installed when I installed GeekLog, but I don't know this for sure.

Anyone have any thoughts? All help appreciated...Tom
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

tstockma

Forum User
Interesting...got a couple answers on the Gallery discussion boards, one of which was the key.

Turns out the first step in installing Gallery (it evaluates your system) can sometimes incorrectly report it sees ImageMagick and/or NetBPM on your system (Gallery said it saw both, on mine).

So I needed to find the FreeBSD NetBPM zip file, uncompress locally (oddly, my FreeBSD server doesn't have unzip), FTP to a directory on my site (I opted to not put it under the web server dir "htdocs", like having a "geeklog" directory that the web server doesn't see), and tell Gallery in step 2 what the path is.

Great! Now it turns out Gallery is not what I would call "intuitive" as I'm trying to add albums--oh well. No doubt I'll be finding more issues as I learn this sucker.

Machinari, I really look forward to your new Gallery plugin!

Tom
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content