Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 09:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

OLD TARBALL PLEASE?

James Saxon

Anonymous
determined

We've been using a hacked up version of 1.3.7sr1. And yes, I'd like to upgrade it, hmm wonder why.

The problem is that I would like to be absolutely sure nothing breaks and I want to do a DIFF with an original copy. Our original tarball seems to have gotten truncated.

The archives only go back to 1.3.8. There must be older archives somewhere. Anybody have 1.3.7sr1 around? Thanks much!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
A German version of 1.3.7sr1 is available over on geeklog.info. The differences to the English version are the config.php and some of the data in mysql_tableanddata.php which have been translated to German.

And then there's always CVS. All versions from 1.3.5 onwards are tagged and can be checked out again using the proper tag ("geeklog_1_3_7sr1" in your case).

bye, Dirk

James Saxon

Anonymous
thoughtful
Dirk,

Thanks! That totally makes sense! CVS. I've not played with that yet. It might be time to give it a go.

James

James Saxon

Anonymous
So I have managed to successfully get the latest 1.3.

But to use the tag... to get an older set of files. How do I do it? WinCVS, TortoiseCVS, ZeusEditor, any of them.

BTW how does anybody like Zeus? Seems pretty cool IDE integrated with SCC of all sorts? And collapses bracketed code unlike Dreamweaver. Nice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content