Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 03:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

howto preview articles?

tstockma

Anonymous
OK...running a real news site is fun! I actually got a phone call from the editor of the local newspaper today. We talked over a breaking news story, we both got "sources".

So she's now also posting occasional stories on the web site, my first outside poster.

Question: she only sees the main "text area" for the story, she doesn't have an intro / story breakdown like I do. What causes this? If she were a "story admin" would that do it?

Thanks for any info...

tstockma

Forum User
Well darn, I wasn't logged in when I posted this article, and I can't edit it...the subject is all wrong. Thanks for all help anyway...
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

beewee

Forum User
I suppose you already have found out that you have to give him access as a story editor...nice site anyway!
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

machinari

Anonymous
You may be interested, for the sake of your newspaper editor, to look into that plugin/app that allows you to write/submit articles without having to login to your site... I cant remember what it was called thought (sorry)--blog writer or something.
But it sounded pretty cool. It would probably be convenient for what your editor plans to do.

tstockma

Forum User
Beewee, I was afraid that I'd have to make this person a story editor to get this feature to work for them! Thanks for the info, even if I don't like the answer (my personal problem). This person is not very computer literate and for the short term, I'll edit their stuff myself.

And thank you for the compliment on the site, I've spent some real time and effort on it!

Machinari, I'll do some looking around for that plugin, sounds like a very good one for this particular application.

Thanks, all!
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content