Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Blocks work only on homepage?

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
curious
With GL 1.3.11, RedHat9, Apache2.x and PHP4, the Site Calendar and ChatterBlock blocks (Latest versions downloaded from Blaine's PortalParts) seem to function only when on the main home page.

Clicking on these blocks when they are visible only on a certain topic page seems merely to redirect to the homepage without any response (in terms of search results or added chat message). They work flawlessly on the homepage though.

Blaine suggested possible issues with $PHP_SELF resolution... anyone else seen this before? Any ideas why?

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Not one?

tstockma

Forum User
Nope...not one idea...sorry, I really do try to come up with some helpful suggestion before I respond to a post...I think that's maybe why no one else has responded.

People 'round here tend to stay quiet when there's something real unusual being asked...yesterday I asked one that was real flakey, only to later find I'd done something odd to my own site, and no one knew what or wasted time over it (n fact I never figured out what either, simply went to backups and re-applied what I wanted).

NOT to suggest that's what's happening on yours, but yours apparantly is not something anyone knows about.

When you pass your mouse over the links on the home page, how does that contrast with what you get when you pass it over the same links on the other pages? Properties-wise, that is, what's the URL the link represents? How does it differ 'twixt your back-pages and the home page?

That'd be where I'd start analyzing, anyway.
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
it is better to have them be suspicious of you being an idiot as opposed to talking and showing yourself to be one.

Razz

Maybe a link or more detail would be helpful.

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks for the responses. I have tried to isolate the problem and it seems to be happening only when chatterblock and the site calendar were both installed. Since my last post, I have switched to the MemoSystem and the site calendar seems well behaved now.

I would have liked to recreate the problem and trouble-shoot with you guys. Unfortunately, I have a short deadline to get some sort of messaging working and I am quite happy to have a stable site calendar with the memo system. Of course the memosystem on 1.3.11 is giving some issues. That was a different thread
here. Any help there would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheerios!

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content