Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

new Clients Plugin for GeekLog

machinari

Forum User
excuse me for having 4 plugins on the go at the same time, but I need a paycheck too. Leaves me speechless

The Clients plugin is designed to manage client data--that's it. It stores and retreives client data from a database. Client information is then searchable, updatable, manageable, deletable, etc. Add clients one at a time or batch.

The Clients plugin is being developed for a particular purpose for a particular client, but I thought I would configure it to allow a wider range of client info in order to make it useful for the GL community.
To this end, I have made the data tables configurable to allow alterations from the admin panel in order to accomodate different types of client info. All clients will have the same table fields available for them once they have been defined in the admin panel--this function is not yet complete..

At present, the plugin is being used to review client info that has been inserted to the database from a shopping cart app on a subdomain of the same domain as the gl installation.

If you want to use this plugin for different sets of clients, perhaps from different business endeavors, the plugin's name, directory, image, and table prefix information are all configurable from the config file. This will accomodate multiple installs of the plugin within a single GL installation for use with multiple sets of clients--haven't tested that yet...

[edit by=Machinari]having looked at the multiple install idea a bit more I'm throwing it away in favor of accomodating multiple sets of clients via the one installation.[/edit]

This plugin started out as a premium plugin and I think it will remain that way. I'll have a release out in about two weeks--too many jobs on the go at the same time.

feedback?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Cool I look forward to seeing an example or some screen shots right on man.

machinari

Forum User
you can catch a glimpse via a couple of thumbs here.

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
nice Big Celebration this might acualy help me with my project. i needed a way to keep track of customers for my hosting service.
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

machinari

Forum User
the main pages are done...

you get a summary view as well as a detailed view on the index page. browse the summary page by page or browse the detailed view page by page, i.e., one client at a time. click the summary and the detailed view synchronizes

you get a basic sql query line (using dropdowns and text boxes) on the search/sql page. you also have the ability to save and/or execute previous queries, which are listed under the search form. basic sql knowledge is useful to streamline your results, but not necessary for your regular tracking needs.

editing client info is just a basic form corresponding to the detailed view from the index page.

adding clients (entries) are as easy as inserting data into a blank form corresponding to the columns found in your client data table.

admin panel is simple and straightforward (mostly). It includes various and minor view options. the part of the admin panel that is responsible for creating the initial client data table (if a pre-existing table is not used) is a bit complex at the moment, but I'm working on trying to make it simple without limiting functionality. Obviously that is not yet complete.

in the plugin's header are radio buttons corresponding to client types or business endevours, as mentioned in my earlier post. select a client type (which just corresponds to a different client data table being queried) and the client tracking program will track those clients throughout the pages untill a different client type is chosen.

permissions allow you (admin) to enable, for example, your employees to view data, but not edit, or to add and not edit, or to edit. this is a function of geeklog and involves creating a group with these permission(s) and adding users to that group. simple simple.

you don't have to limit yourself to client tracking. use it for playlists. use it for an address book. configure your table properly and use it as a journal of some kind or a project list. use it to access your most accessed geeklog table (not for gl beginners) without going to your cpanel and then to phpmyadmin thru cpanel, etc. you can use it to access all your geeklog tables if you really want--not suggested however. Razz

so if you haven't figured it out yet, you can do all this with other tools like phpmyadmin for example, but this one is integrated with geeklog making it convenient. and it is fairly simple.

so its coming along nicely if you're interested. I'll let you know here when I'm done with the admin panel (the last major task). after that, I may need a tester.

machinari

Forum User
btw, this won't be a premium plugin... it's not that good Razz
I'm working on the last bit whenever I get a chance--I haven't actually touched it for almost 2 weeks.

So far the only downfall i see with this plugin, besides not being able to open your beer for you, is that if you use it with a pre-existing table (you don't have to), that table is required by the plugin to have an numeric, auto incrementing, primary index column named 'id'. That's the only requirement of pre-existing tables. Is that too much?
I should have thought of this beforehand, but I didn't. Doh! - that was a mistake

samstone

Forum User
Whatever happened to this plugin?

Sam

machinari

Forum User
I sold it last year

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content