Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:06 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

RSS and Topics

adydas

Forum User
Junior
Is there a plugin or hack to assign an rss feed to a topic?

Adydas

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
No need for a plugin or a hack. The current version of Geeklog (1.3.10) and for a few versions back have the ability to create an RSS feed on a per topic basis if so desired.

You want to look at the "Contents" drop down box in the admin feed creation form.

-Vinny

adydas

Forum User
Junior
I'm not sure this is what I want. What I am looking for is to be able to create a topic and then assign it an rss feed from another geeklog site, so that all the headlines from my other site will be displayed on my current site via rss? Is this what you were talking about, I could not find the content box you were talking about. I am using GeekLog v1.3.9sr1 but I 'm going to update now that you mentioned it.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Sorry, I thought you wanted to make a RSS feed for a single topic of your site. Currently I don't think there is a way to get an RSS feed to appear in the center block as a "topic". However, you can created a "portal block" and set it to appear only on the topic you want.

It wouldn't be too hard though to create a plugin that puts feeds in the center block. It would be a bit more work to make the feed contents look like articles though and be accesible from the topic menu.

-Vinny

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
well one way to do this would to simply write a script that takes an rss feed and dumps the stories directly into the database. this shouldent be all that hard to do.
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content