Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Not quite sure....

Chris

Anonymous
Ok let's try to supply as much information as possible.

I'm pretty sure I can safely say this may all go away if I change the global settings to on in php.ini. However the first problem I have is I am unable to access the php.ini file. I have also created an .htaccess file just to see if that helps.

The strange thing is everything appears to be working except for comments. New users can register and get emails and log in. They can contribue stories, the stories show up in the admin queue, they can get approved and then are displayed on the home page. As an admin I was able to change my password, approve new users, and various admin functions like creating blocks, static pages and reorganizing blocks.

Sooo... when I get to making a comment, and I preview the comment, and hit submit I get the error:

"An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details."

Unfortunately I can't access the error.log either. But after I hit refresh, Internet Explorer takes me back to the preview page of my comment. When I hit submit the second time I get the message:

"Speed Limit
Your last comment was 419 seconds ago. This site requires at least 45 seconds between comments"

Any thoughts, any suggestions.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Without the actual error message, it's all speculation ...

Why don't you have access to the error.log? This refers to Geeklog's error.log file in /path/to/geeklog/logs/, not the webserver's error_log file.

bye, Dirk

Chris

Anonymous

Ok, did verify global values are now on, and did get to the log which displays this message.

01/29/2005 05:13:46 PM - 1044: Access denied for user: 'geeklogusername@%' to database 'geeklogdbname'. SQL in question: LOCK TABLES gl_comments WRITE

I was reading somewhere else about table locking... should this fix it? Is there a way to turn this on using something like phpmyadmin? Or is this a different problem?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content