Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 09:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

surrounding gallery with geeklog menus

drogba

Forum User
Hi,

The gallery plugin from gallery.menalto.com is great, but I would like to surround it with the left and right blocks. Is this easily achieved? I've tried including lib-common.php and wrapping everything around COM_siteHeader(true); and COM_siteFooter(true); but for some reason, the gallery's display doesn't change. Would it be a better approach to use the external pages plugin?

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Erm, it does that by default - you must have done something wrong during the installation ...

bye, Dirk

topia

Anonymous
I have this same problem. So what are some possible things I could have done wrong on install?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's an option to wrap Gallery into one of various CMS during the installation of Gallery. All you have to do is choose "Geeklog" there ...

bye, Dirk

Topia

Anonymous
Yep, did that. Users from GL show in gallery and such but none of the "looks" are integrated

Topia

Anonymous
Banging your head Ok this is REALLY making me pissy. Everything works except gallery being inside geeklog. No left or right panels, the footer contains the correct text, gallery shows that I'm logging into geeklog and it is intergrated with gallery. Just no darn graphics or panels. grrrrrrr. I'm sure I missed a Doh! - that was a mistake somewhere but where?

geKow

Forum User
It should be no problem to wrap gallery into geeklog, but to use the gallery styles you need to do some more hacking wich I can't remember right now. You may look into your gallery/skins/skin_you_like/ folder and check the files there. There is allways (?) a css file for embedded galleries. I think you should try to work that into your geeklogs css and put the skins images where the css file can find them.

But take care! If you just copy the gallery css into the geeklog css, you will get a lot of duplicate entries and that will confuse the browsers Wink

Oh, and for the wrapping... If you run the Gallery config tool, there is one tab where it asks if it is integrated. You just need to enter the path of your geeklog public_html directory here, that's it.

geKow

Topia

Anonymous
determined
yep yep... entered the path on the "embedded" tab. Geeklog users are "intergrated" with gallery. It's still just a "seperate" page outside of geeklog. aka no side bars and such. And I think your right about the .css files and such. I just can't get it to work.

P.S. I was incorrect in my previous post. The headers and footers are NOT showing the correct text. Basically all I got is users are automatically signed into gallery and that's it.

Thanks for all the help btw Smile

Topia

Anonymous
Btw also..... Just to clarify I'm trying to get geeklog styles/templates embedded in gallery. I'm not trying to use a gallery style inside of geeklog.

Topia

Anonymous
Was it something I said? Leaves me speechless

upset

Anonymous
wonder if drupal or phpnuke can do this?

???

Anonymous
Will the current version of the gallery hack/plugin work with 1.3.9sr2?

geKow

Forum User
Gallery is not a plugin. It's a standalone script, with a well formed integration for Geeklog. In other word, the latest Gallery 1.4x/1.5 should work verry well with Geeklog.

geKow

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content