Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 11:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

dailyquote config updates not working

tstockma

Forum User
Hmm, strange problem...changes I make to the dailyquote config management page don't "take". I've tried to change quite a few settings on the page, but my changes all are ignored.

I installed dailyquote and forums at the same time, I can manage forums just fine, and file protections look similar, especially to the config file. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any help! Tom

Tom
www.southparkcity.com

machinari

Forum User
what version of DQ are you using?

tstockma

Forum User
Thanks for the help, machinari!

I'm on dailyquotes 1.0.3, and on GL 1.3.8-1sr6.
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

machinari

Forum User
try the latest 1.0.5...
more features and your issue has been resolved.

machinari

Forum User
you may also want to upgrade your GL... this plugin was designed for 1.3.9 originally, but works best with 1.3.10 or later.

tstockma

Forum User
Well, drat, I've upgraded to dailyquote 1.0.5, but I still can't update anything in it, including I can't add quotes & I can't update anything in admin.

I have stayed on GL1.3.8-1sr6, I've worked so much on this over the last week I just want to feel like I have a "win" & sit back to enjoy the site a bit! If 1.0.5 should fix the issue I've had, I'd rather troubleshoot a bit before doing the GL upgrade.

(My upgrade of dailyquote was fairly bloody, my own rookie errors...but when I finally got far enough to run the install script, it looked fine.)

The error log shows a clean install & no error entries when I then tried to admin & use dailyquote.

Any other suggestions? As always, any help is much appreciated! Tom

Tom
www.southparkcity.com

machinari

Forum User
well, I'd love to help, but I don't run 1.3.8 on any of my sites so I really have nothing to look at--no way to judge how the plugin is interacting with that version. I really cant help unless I install 1.3.8. I don't want to do that. Neutral

Perhaps the functions belonging to lib-database.php, lib-common.php, etc. have changed a bit since 1.3.8--plugins designed to work with newer versions of the core functions could cause the type of problems you mention.

for those reasons I strongly suggest that you uprade your gl core.

tstockma

Forum User
*sigh*

OK! I wouldn't expect or even ask you to set up a 1.3.8 install just to test this problem, so I guess I'll be setting up 1.3.11 sometime soon.

Thanks again for all the help, Machinari, I've learned a lot & you've been great. No doubt I'll be pestering the list with requests for more help about other things!

Tom
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

machinari

Forum User

The following is from an earlier thread and relates to 1.0.4.
who knows, it may help.

Quote by machinari:
Quote by Jill:when we hit "update" after editing...our database is not being updated Crying or Very sad

Jill

sorry, duh! in changing around stuff to accomodate the category management etc, i lost track of my uppercase letters. silly errors.
here it is--in manage.php, change lines 545 and 550 respectively to the following (it just makes "update" and "delete" uppercase):
Text Formatted Code
//line 545
if ($_POST['submit'] == "Update"){

//line 550
elseif ($_POST['submit'] == "Delete"){

works for me--hope it does the trick for you. praying it will work
and thanks for your patience.

tstockma

Forum User
You're thanking me for my patience?!! Thank you for yours!

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the problem, the manage.php script in this version already the 1st character upper, the rest lower. I tried change the values of the variables to all-upper, and then all-lower, but no difference.

If you have another inspiration, try me out! But I'm beginning to fear it really is a problem with the GL version I'm on, unless I've missed something foolish with protections.

Machinari, thanks again for your efforts with this, but I encourage you to not spend a lot of time on this--I really am fairly new to GL, and I'm running an old version. If inspiration strikes, speak up! Otherwise I'll go for an upgrade to GL--probably I'll even start over from scratch, because I'm still learning.

Tom

Tom
www.southparkcity.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content