Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:59 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Little propblem with my site !

irawen

Forum User
Junior
Hi guys, i have installed geeklog site to my system and evry thing looking good ! i have made new index.htm for intro / enter atm and i have rename the geeklog index.php to index2.php .. then i been thinking ass why the google dont found my site .... So if you guys know some things about this plz replay !

thx ya

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Splash screens are good way to make search engines ignore your site - especially if they can't find the actual entrance link to the site. Not to mention that they may also annoy some of your human visitors ...

There's also an FAQ entry: Geeklog and search engines

bye, Dirk

irawen

Forum User
Junior
have allready take a look that site, but still nothing

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Still nothing what?

Being listed by Google takes time. Did you check if the Googlebot has even visited your site yet? Do you have links pointing to your site? And if so, did it spider anything besides the front page?

bye, Dirk

irawen

Forum User
Junior
i have waiting for 2 weeks now, i have add some tag to my index.htm and addurl to google, but where i cant find that googlebot ?

Guy

Anonymous
Dirk give it up. Obviously rather than finding a site about SEO he wants it handed to him on a plate.

Don't waste your breath if he is not willing to go learn some of the basics jeez.

I mean he has been waiting two whole weeks shouldn't he get more stikes on Google than Yahoo by now?

Read the FAQ Doh! - that was a mistake Giving it a try

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by irawen: but where i cant find that googlebot ?

Check your webserver's logfiles. You should see entries like this
Text Formatted Code
66.249.71.1 - - [05/Jan/2005:00:48:42 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 44648 "-" "Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

But, as Guy wrote, these are really the basics. Try to actually read all the resources I've already pointed you to or find a general site about search engines and how they work ...

bye, Dirk

irawen

Forum User
Junior
o cant open my logs forder.... is there a simble way than this ?

irawen

Forum User
Junior
some times i have installed e107 site on my system, i dont need to do nothing for google.. google will find my site automaticly.... what are you missing bout your site as e107 ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As the FAQ says, Geeklog sites are indexed just fine. It must be something on your site (e.g. that splash screen you mentioned). But without an URL there's no way of telling ...

bye, Dirk

irawen

Forum User
Junior
i have not addurl to google my site url when i have e107 page system istalled, i just go to google and find some words, then google find my site and that is

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sheer luck then. And it has nothing to do with the software you're using for your site.

I've never submitted any of my sites to Google either, but only linked to them from other sites. If you have links from sites with a high page rank, you're usually listed within a short time.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content