Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, May 19 2024 @ 05:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Additional Section_block

cptrgy1

Forum User
How can I add an additional section block? I am trying to setup a site for a school and would like to have different topic areas for different buildings.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

cptrgy1

Forum User
I had read this. What I am trying to do is have another story submittal area. I am guessing this may not be possible. I have different buildings that I would like to have submit articles to the different blocks. Am I just missing somethign here?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by cptrgy1: What I am trying to do is have another story submittal area. I am guessing this may not be possible. I have different buildings that I would like to have submit articles to the different blocks.

What do you mean by "submit to different blocks"?

You could create different topics for the different buildings and then replace the built-in Topics block with two (or more) blocks for each building. Those could be static (see "normal blocks") or you could write PHP blocks that list the topics for each building.

bye, Dirk

cptrgy1

Anonymous
This sound like what I am wanting to do. I would like at least 2 topic blocks. I would like to be able to submit stories to either one. I am trying to make this simple as I want users to be able to just submit rather than having to create links, etc. I don't know a lot of php yet. Is this possible?

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content