Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 07:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Member Reg problem

jdev

Forum User
I seem to be having a little problem with the member registration.

in the config.php, if i leave the email setting set to 'mail' it tells the user that their pw will be mailed to them, but, never sends.

this is the following error message that shows up in the error.log:

Tue Dec 14 18:27:20 2004 - [pear_error: message="mail() returned failure" code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

is there something that may need to be set in the php.ini file for this to work?

I decide to move to sendmail..

Tue Dec 14 18:35:44 2004 - [pear_error: message="sendmail [/usr/bin/ssmtp] not executable" code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

i checked the file, its set to 4777. more than enough permissions to execute.

so, I move to the final setting. smtp. this one is odd.

The username or email address provided already exists

the user however, goes into the database, along with the email.

Ideally, I would like to use SMTP. I have the same settings on other applications that I use, so, I dont think that its the problem. If anyone could, throw out some suggestions. at this point, ill work with what will get registrations to function.

-joe

[edit]

when i set my registration email address to anything@fallingaway.com (my domain) the mail comes through to my account.

[edit 12.15.04]

also if it matters, i am not using the default professional template. should there be some files copied that I should be checking for?

shliang

Anonymous
i didn't quite understanding your words, but i encountered the same problem. The system failed to send password upon member registration. However, username along with email were saved into DB.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content