Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:10 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.3.10 stats staticpages ban & forum conflict

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
sleepy
I have just installed 1.3.10. It went very smooth, no problems. I have tomw's visitor stats plugin 1.3 showing refferers, I have the forum centerblock, and a staticpage centerblock. (I'm beat, please bear with me)

I use tomw's ban plugin. To keep banned referrers from showing I added $result = DB_query( "SELECT pi_name FROM {$_TABLES["plugins"]} WHERE pi_enabled = 1 Order by pi_name" to lib-plugins.php, the way it used to be done in lib-common.

when I did that, the forum centerblock was on top of the staticpage centerblock, (I want the staticpage over the forum) I assume because the forum plugin was being called before the staticpage plugin. Is there some way, other than disabling referrers in the stats block, to have it all? Is this what topcenterblock-span.thtml is for?

Thanks for putting up with me Leaves me speechless
I'm going to sleep now........

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
I just tried to use the topcenterblock-span.thtml but the staticpage page centerblock and the forum centerblock both span the page, but only over the right blocks. Doh! - that was a mistake

Apparently you can't have a forum centerblock and a staticpage centerblock and use the topcenterblock-span.thtml? Nor can you use the ban and have your referrers show up in the stats block if you want the staticpage centerblock above the forums centerblock. Giving it a try

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
cheerful
Ok, is any of this making any sense to anyone but me? Mr. Green

I tried this... instead of using Order by pi_name I'm trying Order by pi_version, since the version numbers of the ban is lower than that of the stats and the version of the staticpages is lower than the forum Wink praying it will work

I still haven't figured out the topcenterblock-span.thtml yet....

Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

Blaine

Forum User
Quote by scroff: I just tried to use the topcenterblock-span.thtml but the staticpage page centerblock and the forum centerblock both span the page, but only over the right blocks. Doh! - that was a mistake

Is that not what it's supposed to do - I think I'm missing the problem.

Quote by scroff: Apparently you can't have a forum centerblock and a staticpage centerblock and use the topcenterblock-span.thtml? Nor can you use the ban and have your referrers show up in the stats block if you want the staticpage centerblock above the forums centerblock. Giving it a try

The centerblocks will appear in the order the plugins were installed and how they appear in the plugin order. Unless you modify code to have it appear otherwise.

I think we may want to look at adding a field to the plugins table and allow the plugin editor to control the plugin's centerblock order.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks much for replying, Blaine...

Quote by Blaine:
Quote by scroff: I just tried to use the topcenterblock-span.thtml but the staticpage page centerblock and the forum centerblock both span the page, but only over the right blocks. Doh! - that was a mistake

Is that not what it's supposed to do - I think I'm missing the problem.

I don't know. I thought it was supposed to span the whole top, both left and right blocks, and only the staticpage, not the forum centerblock. I could be wrong, I usually am Cool

Quote by Blaine:
Quote by scroff: Apparently you can't have a forum centerblock and a staticpage centerblock and use the topcenterblock-span.thtml? Nor can you use the ban and have your referrers show up in the stats block if you want the staticpage centerblock above the forums centerblock. Giving it a try

The centerblocks will appear in the order the plugins were installed and how they appear in the plugin order. Unless you modify code to have it appear otherwise.

I think we may want to look at adding a field to the plugins table and allow the plugin editor to control the plugin's centerblock order.

That would be sweet. The problem is that if you use the stats block with the referrers enabled, the ban won't pick them up until after they go through the stats block, so they still show up in the referrers in the stats block. The old fix by Tom was to add Order by pi_name to the lib-common code that called the plugins. That is now done by lib-plugins, and if you add Order by pi_name it will work, but then the forum is called before the staticpage, thus the forum centerblock will be on top of the staticpage centerblock. Order by pi_version calls them by version number...

Am I just stupid (possibly, I know) or does this make sense?

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:10 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content